The Out of School Time (OST) Comprehensive Year-Round and Summer Learning Strategy is designed to ensure that there is continuous support and programming for children and youth outside of school hours throughout the school year and summer. Comprehensive Year-Round and Summer Learning provides skill building, physical activity, enrichment and grade specific transition supports to participants during the school year and summer. The Comprehensive Year-Round and Summer Learning Strategy targets elementary and middle school youth.
DCYF allocated $16,025,000 in annual funding to 62 programs across 48 agencies for the OST Comprehensive Year-Round and Summer Learning Strategy in the Request for Proposals (RFP) 2018-2023 cycle. Click here for more detailed information on the DCYF 2018-023 RFP/RFQ Submitted and Funded Proposals.
Our Comprehensive Year-Round and Summer Learning Strategy Goals include:
- To ensure youth have access to high-quality year-round Comprehensive Afterschool and Summer Learning programs in their communities that support their learning, build their skills, provide opportunities for enrichment and academic growth.
- To prevent summer learning loss.
- To support the needs of working families.
- To support participants’ development of social and emotional skills.
- To build community in programs by focusing on cultural awareness, ethnic/racial identity and neighborhood pride for youth involved in the program.
Our Comprehensive Year-Round and Summer Learning Strategy 2018-2023 Grantees include:
- 826 Valencia
- African American Art and Culture Complex
- Aim High for High School
- Arriba Juntos
- Bay Area Community Resources
- Bayview Hunters Point YMCA
- Booker T. Washington Community Service Center
- Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco
- Breakthrough San Francisco
- Buena Vista Child Care
- Catholic Charities CYO of the Archdiocese of San Francisco
- Children's After School Arts
- Chinatown YMCA
- Collective Impact
- Donaldina Cameron House
- Edventure More
- Embarcadero YMCA
- FACES SF
- Glide Foundation
- Good Samaritan Family Resource Center
- Hamilton Families
- Hearing and Speech Center of Northern California
- Horizons at the San Francisco Friends School
- Hunters Point Family
- Indochinese Housing Development Corporation
- Mission Education Projects Inc.
- Mission Neighborhood Centers
- Mission Science Workshop
- Mission YMCA
- Our Kids First
- Portola Family Connection Center
- Potrero Hill Neighborhood House
- Richmond District Neighborhood Center
- Richmond District YMCA
- Samoan Community Development Center
- Seven Tepees Youth Program
- Shih Yu-Lang Central YMCA
- Stonestown Family YMCA
- Telegraph Hill Neighborhood Center
- Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation
- The Cross Cultural Family Center
- The Salvation Army
- The Village Project
- United Playaz
- Up on Top
- Urban Services YMCA
- Vietnamese Youth Development Center
- West Bay Pilipino Multi Service Center
If you have any questions or require additional information about our OST Comprehensive Year-Round and Summer Learning Strategy, please call 415-554-8990 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.