Launched this year the City and Council of San Francisco has created the Department of Homelessness and Supportive Housing in awareness of San Francisco's homeless crisis. The Department of Homelessness and Supportive Housing provides:
- Assistance and support to Homeless and At-risk Youth, Adults, & Families
- Drop-in Centers
- Transitional and Supportive Housing
- Short-term Rental Subsidies
- Support Services to Help People Exit Homelessness & more!
For more information please visit: dhsh.sfgov.org
Another resource brought to you by the SF Chronicle: http://projects.sfchronicle.com/sf-homeless/
Accessing Shelter & Services in San Francisco
Accessing Adult Shelters (Women & Men, 18 years of Age and Older)
311 San Francisco Customer Service Center - Open 24/7
- Individuals who are registered in CHANGES can dial 3-1-1 or 415-701-2311 to be added to the waitlist for a 90 day long-term reservation.
The following are 1 night & 1 weekend shelter stays only:
- Daily: 5:00pm - 1:00am
- 525 Fifth Street
- Showers, 24 hour access, snacks
United Council of Human Services
- Daily: 7:00am - 9:00am and 7:00pm - 9:00am
- 2111 Jennings Street
- Showers, laundry, lockers, breakfast & dinner, chairs during the night
Mission Neighborhood Resource Center
- Mondays - Fridays: 7:00am - Noon, 2:00pm - 7:00pm (8:00pm on Thursdays), and Saturday: 7:00am - Noon
- 165 Capp Street
- Shower, laundry, morning snacks
Glide Walk-In Center
- Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- 330 Ellis Street
- Meals - 3 times a day
- Shelter reservations for 1 night and weekend stays are made in the afternoon at the Shelter Reservation sites noted above, and must be made in person.
- Long-term 90 day reservations are made through the 311 Waitlist process only.
- Shelters DO NOT make reservations.
Accessing Additional Women's Shelters (18 Years of Age and Older)
Bethel A.M.E Church
- 916 Laguna Street
- Sunday: 5:30PM, 7 Day Ticket issued on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Mondays - Saturdays: 5:30PM for one night stay, issued on a first-come, first-serve basis.
A Woman's Place
- 211 13th Street
- 24 Hour drop-in for women, children, and father's accompanied by women w/children
- Ask drop-in staff about accessing A Women's Place Shelter.
Accessing Family Shelters
Compass Connecting Point
- 995 Market Street, 5th Floor
- Call to schedule an intake for placement on the family shelter waitlist: 855-234-2667
Hamilton Family Emergency Center
- Mondays - Fridays
- Call 415-292-5228 at 11:00AM SHARP to check for availability for 60-day beds.
First Friendship Family Shelter
- 501 Steiner Street
- Call 415-642-0221 between 12:00pm - 2:00pm to reserve a 1 night slot or...
- Go directly to shelter between 3:00pm - 8:00pm for the remaining 1 night slots that are given away on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Providence Family Shelter
- 1601 McKinnon
- Doors open at 9:00PM and 1 night slots are given on a first-come first-serve basis.
Accessing Youth Shelter (Women and Men, 18-24 Years Old)
- 869 Ellis Street
- Call 415-749-2968 to get on a waiting list for 120-night bed.
- You must check-in regarding the waitlist every day, if you miss three (3) consecutive days your name will be removed.
- To access a 1 night bed, arrive no later than 7:00PM as beds will be given out if available.
San Francisco Homeless Outreach Team
- 50 Dr. Tom Waddell Place (Ivy Street0
- Dispatch/Outreach: Call 415-355-7401, open 24/7
- Drop-in Hours: Mondays-Fridays 8:00am - 6:00pm, except 2nd and 4th Thursdays (1:00pm - 6:00pm) and Saturdays: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- SF HOT provides outreach and care management services to people living on the street.
- SF HOT collaborates with the Health Department's Street Medicine Team.
Project Homeless Connect/Every Day Connect
Homeless/Every Day Connect
- 25 Van Ness, Suite 340
- Office Hours: Mondays - Thursdays: 8:30am - 5:30pm and Fridays: 7:00am - 2:00pm
- Phone only hours: Mondays - Wednesdays: 5:30pm - 8:00pm and Saturday/Sunday/Holidays: 12:30pm - 4:30pm
- Project Homeless Connect links people experiencing homelessness with services (medical, addiction treatment, food, etc.)
Tom Waddell Urgent Care
- Tom Waddell Place (Ivy Street)
- Drop-in Hours: Monday - Thursday: 8:00am - 6:30pm and Friday/Saturday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital Urgent Care
- 955 Potrero Avenue, Building 80, 1st floor
- Open Daily: 8:00am - 11:30pm, 1:00pm - 4:00pm, and 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Behavioral Health Access Center (incl., Treatment Access Team)
- 1380 Howard, 1st floor
- 415-255-3737 or 800-750-2727 for information and referral open 24/7
- Walk-In Hours: Mondays - Fridays: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Mobile Crisis Team
- Outreach and home visits for adults (18+) experiencing a mental health crisis
Comprehensive Child Crisis
- Outreach and home visits for children (younger than 18) during a mental health crisis
Adult Affordable Housing List
- Click on "Housing Programs," then "Affordable Housing Waitlist," click on "Individual and Family Housing."
Family Affordable Housing List
San Francisco Free Help Chars
- Charts include information about free eats, free pantries, mental health, and medical services.
IF YOU ARE CONCERNED THAT AN INDIVIDUAL ON THE STREET IS HAVING A MEDICAL OR PSYCHIATRIC EMERGENCY, CALL 911.
IF YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT THE HEALTH AND CONDITION OF A HOMELESS INDIVIDUAL IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD, CALL 311.
To learn more about community based social services, call 211.