DCYF offers free coaching to all our funded grantees who serve youth K-12th grade and transitional-age youth. The goal of coaching is to improve program quality by providing on-site and targeted technical assistance to youth-serving programs mapped to youth development principles. Coaching is designed to help improve program quality and is not intended to be personal coaching, nor coaching for agency-level concerns.
Please click here for DCYF's Coaching Application.
HOW TO REQUEST A COACH:
1) Complete a REQUEST FOR COACHING FORM by clicking the button above
2) DCYF will review and approve all requests
3) Once approved, DCYF will match you with one of our TA providers who will follow up with you to assign you a coach
HOW COACHING WORKS:
1) If approved, you will be contacted by one of our coaching and TA providers
2) The provider will contact you to assess your needs to determine which coach will best support your needs
3) Once paired, your coach will meet with you to develop a workplan and set a target number of hours and coaching sessions. Coaching activities can consist of:
a. Site observation/feedback
b. On-site workshop delivery for staff
c. One-on-one coaching for program coordinators
d. Meeting facilitation to address program quality issues
e. Curriculum development
f. Coordinating and providing other resource referrals
4) Coaches will document the progress of coaching and update DCYF staff regularly. Information shared in confidence between coaches and programs will not be shared with DCYF.
5) At the conclusion of the coaching, coaches will report to DCYF the improvements made and recommendations for any additional supports.
WHO ARE DCYF'S COACHES?
DCYF's Technical Assistance & Capacity Building Providers Area of Expertise
Be the Change Consulting
Provides training and coaching in the following areas: Build Cohesive Teams, Supervision Practices, Mediate and Resolve Staff Conflicts, Support Behavior Management, Program Design to align with Youth Development Practices, Math & Literacy: Common Core etc.
Provides training and coaching on Educational Supports, Family Empowerment, Out of School Time, Literacy and Math Activities, Socio-emotional Learning, Positive Behavior Guidance, Supporting English Language Learners etc.
Support for Families
Provides training and coaching to improve inclusive practices and family engagement: Onsite Classroom/Child Observation and Inclusion, Introduction to inclusion, Overview of the Laws, Adapting Activities, Understanding Executive Function Skill, Understanding Disability etc.
Provides training and coaching on Youth Workforce Development: Youth Workforce Development Foundation 101: Helping Young People Cope with and Respond to Bias in their Job Search and Work Place, Entrepreneurship as a Skill-Building Strategy for Youth, Preparing Youth for Post-Secondary Education etc.